Sunday, March 23, 2008

Long Lost Friend Comes to Hood River

So just this past week I had a college friend visit that I hadn't seen in 1991. Rob Hughes and I went to Hungary and were roommates there in the summer of 1990. I had lost contact with Rob for a long time and just last summer we caught up with one another. Anyway to make a long story kinda short Rob was visiting some friends in Seattle and drove down last week and spent the night with Stacie and I.


So while we were in Hungary Rob bought this bottle of Tokaji wine bottled in 1981 and had said that he wouldn't open it with anyone else beside me. In hindsight I wish that he would have opened it with someone else because the taste was so bad, it had become sherry or something....









I don't think that either one of us could keep a sip down, tasted a lot like metal...



Next stop was the sink and poured the remainder out....

I even got Stacie to try some, she didn't like it either, I even think that she was scared of this stuff... Kinda look like river mud as Rob said.

All joking aside about the wine it was great to have Rob down here and show him around and go on a great hike, 17 years since we last saw one another.... That is a long time!

No comments: