Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2007 is gone and 2008 is here











So we left for the Oregon Coast on New Year's Eve morning, the drive out was interesting for sure. Just about 40 miles West of Portland the road went from dry to a sheet of ice, we noticed that as we get behind a firetruck responding to an accident as we were following it up into the mountains. We were first car to be stopped going West so we got to see all the medics and firefighters responding to the accident and sliding around as they walked. Anyway we were able to get by after about a 30 minute wait but the remainder drive was nothing but a sheet of ice. We have studded tires and we took Stacie's Subaru and it did great, I never worried about us but there were many people that I think that was the first time they had ever driven on snow or ice.


Anyway we get to the coast in the afternoon and checked into our room at the Hillcrest Inn there in Seaside, OR. Great place too, I had been told about this place from my friends Nate and Katie and it lived up to its reputation.


We went out had some fish and chips and one of the worst service restaurants that I have ever been too, no kidding and I even had a beer there, yeah I know, I say that I don't like to drink in public but it was really fun:) Fact remains that it was the worse service that I have ever gotten.....After a walk on the beach and watching the sunset we headed out for a nice dinner and I hate to say it but I think that I was asleep by 10PM, I suppose that I am getting older and like my sleep....


We woke early, another walk on the beach and then headed up to Astoria and the surrounding area, great day again but it was another cold one.
We did all that we wanted to there in Astoria and hit the road driving home, much better drive back than the drive out the day before.
I think that Stacie and I had the best time out there, great to get away and we left Shanti and Roxy in the hands of our neighbors, Kevin, Lisa and Olivia so no need to worry about them being left alone here in Lyle!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice shots of the coast! When you going pro? I'd like some nice Gorge shots!

Glad you 2 had a nice get away for the holidays! Sounded dicey driven through the ice, but the Subaru w/studded tires did it's job like it should have. Have you been making any trips up to Mt. Hood?

Anonymous said...

The mountain has been incredible for sure, I have never seen that much snow, kinda scary in spots that it is so deep!
I know that I need to go out and get some photos of the Gorge with the snow on it...
-Chris