Thursday, January 31, 2008

Trip to see Mom and Dad in Virginia


So last week I took a flight back home to visit my parents for a week and it had been too long since I was last home, I think almost a year to the day. It was great to get to see them along with Bodie and see some friends that I hadn't seen in a long time as well. As some of you know my mom was diagnosed with cancer almost two years ago, has recovered great and now has more energy than any woman that I know. My Dad was there with her during the entire process of surgery and radiation and helped Mom every step along the way. They are great parents and I am lucky to have them and have made my life wonderful and taught me to be happy and enjoy what life has to offer.....well truth be known, Mom would have loved for me to have worked for the Social Security Administration just like her but for some reason I wanted to bartend:)So I really think that I am like both of them, my mom really loves to be around people, she has never met a stranger and I think that I am just that way, I am better at remembering names than her but that is about the only difference. My dad is the most content person in the world, he wants really nothing, has a schedule to everyday that for the most part never changes and if he never leaves Gretna, VA again in his eyes that would be great. Me, well like him in that I am very happy with where I live, really hate to leave here, Stacie would agree with that with a frown on her face, I do want a few things but mostly just some different toys and I have a schedule that I don't like to change that much, kinda throws off my days if it does change. So yes, us kids do grow up to be like our parents...not saying that i am a great person by any means but I really did have great parents!!!
Bodie was my dog before I moved out to Oregon in 2000 and I had asked Mom and Dad to look after him for the summer while I was out here anyway needless to say I never got Bodie back!! Dad and Bodie do just about everything together, Bodie is over 12 years old but looks really good and has a great life there in Gretna with Mom and Dad.

It was a great trip, I ate well all the time, must be a southern thing because it seemed like every other world out of Mom's mouth where "you want something to eat?" or "there are snacks in the kitchen" or "I will fix you something to eat"...... well you get the picture!

Thanks for a great visit and I will be back home soon...:)

I love you Mom and Dad!!!

No comments: