Sunday, July 29, 2007

New Toy







So as the last post said I did sell the truck and camper but I had found a used BMW motorcycle in Bend, OR last weekend and I wanted to go down there and see what the bike was like. The bike is a 2005 BMW R1200GS, it is one amazing bike. It has luggage already on it with hard side bags and the one on the top in the back.


I must say that at the test drive I was a little scared about taking it out, I had never ridden something this big before and I will say that I was blown away at just how this thing handled. Once on the bike you really forget just how big it is, it is tall but I don't think that will bother me. All that i can really say is this test drive made me want it even more.

The previous owner had done some upgrades and that helped close the deal for me, the hard bags are great, taller windshield, engine guards, heated grips, etc... They all make for one nice ride:)

So my only concern was to see if Stacie would ride with me, I bought her a helmet while down there and when I got home and she saw the bike I am not sure if you wanted to ride it or not, now she likes riding and it only took one ride for her to like it. We have been traveling around on it and I really like it when she and I go out for a ride.
It is a lot of fun to ride and I just want to be very safe while out there while riding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Son, that camper/truck $$ must've been burning a hole in your pocket! I'm not casting any stones here, as I'm the same way! :-)

Nice ride brother!